NUH Youth Service was established in 1998 at the City Hospital Campus in Nottingham.
As an initial pilot project in Renal Services, it has since developed to expand its provision across hospital services and is now based at the Nottingham Children’s Hospital at the Queens Medical Centre Campus.
NUH Youth service is the most established hospital-based youth service in the UK and offers young people accessing hospital services in Nottingham the following:
- Advice and support around a wide range of issues relating to living with a chronic health condition
- Daily drop-in sessions, in the Youth Room, during hospital stays
- A weekly Youth Club for young people across Nottingham, who access hospital services
- Weekly Activity & Social Groups
- Day trips and residential holidays
- Accreditation programmes such as the AQA Unit Award Scheme and OCN/VRQ’s
- Monthly Youth Forum meetings
- A weekly Young Adult Group for 16-21 year olds
- Transitional support for moving into adult services